9/20/12

thrift - one good day

my day started out poorly.  the kind of day where the little things start to add up.  the little things like dropping the cooking spray bottle in your coffee while reaching for the whitener.  (i mean, seriously?  seriously? who does that?  well, me apparently.)

but then i put on some hall & oates and found my bootie shaking and the rest of the day could do no wrong.  on a spurt of energy i took the recycling out and re-entered the apartment carrying this adorable plant stand.  a lysol bath later, it is now awaiting a fresh coat of paint once i decide on a colour.

i figured i was on a roll so i tested my luck at my favorite thrift store and came out happy when i added to my wool blanket collection with this beauty at 50% off.  i also scored some more pillow cases for a quarter a piece (not pictured).  good day, indeed.

and then there were these glasses which i could not resist picking up for my mum as a christmas gift.  i showed them to her and excitedly exclaimed "look, look at the m's!  m for mum!"

"or m for mary" she replied.

yeah, that too.

LINKED UP WITH SIMPLE DESIGN
LINKED UP WITH SIRTHRIFTALOT
LINKED UP WITH THE BLUE EYED OWL
LINKED UP WITH LARA'S VINTAGE