9/28/14

CUT & PASTE

style is such a personal thing.  personal style is, as it should be, unique to each individual person.  but is how we see our own personal style the same as how others view our style?
i used my workmates as guinea pigs for this fun little social experiment/craft project.  each person got two envelopes - a "my style" envelope for them to fill with images they thought represented their own style and a "no peeking...." envelope for others to fill with images.  when the images were collected i got the fun job of creating a good old fashioned cut & paste collage.
when the "my style" collection was put beside the collection of images chosen by others it was interesting to see both the similarities and differences.  and admittedly, it was very fun for me to channel my inner eighties child spending a saturday morning eating cereal, watching cartoons and doing cut & paste.